- There is only a select area near Disney World that allows Short Term Rental.
- There are over 200 property management companies that serve the Disney area.
- We know the best type of mortgage you should apply for short term rental home purposes and we have solid contacts if you need to talk to someone.
- Home insurance with an umbtrella policy for short term rental is needed but the cost is not much more than a regular policy, we have a solid agent to talk to.
- A short term rental home needs to be licensed, 1st year is a $250 fee and only a $50 fee to renew every year after. We can help.
- If you took a Day to search the internet you might find 50+ resorts near Disney, we only recommend 18 for various and what we think are good reasons. Do not buy in the wrong one.
- The State of Florida requires short term rental owners or their property managers to collect a 7% occupancy tax ( or rooms and board tax ) from the vacationers when they take a booking, this is not an expense to the owner.
- The County where the short term rental home is located guests are also required to pay a County occupancy tax ,in Osceola County which is closest to Disney the tax is 6%, in Polk County which is next to the closest it is 5%. This is not an expense to the owner.
- The busiest rental time of the year prior to COVID was the Summer time, post COVID its been busy all of the time.
- Foriegn National home buyers need to open up a US bank account with as little a $100, to open the account all you need is to show your passport ID. Before or after you've made an offer that has been accepted you must apply for a Tax ID before going home. It's a short application, we can help.
- Foreign National home sellers will have 15% of the sales price held for a period of time ( usually 3 months ) while the IRS checks to be sure all US taxes have been paid. If you paid your taxes the whole 15% will be released. We will help when you list your home with us.
- UK buyers and sellers need to understand the America Real Estate Sales system, it is a co-broke system, most of our UK buyers love it, 1 agent can show and sell any home in Florida at no cost to the buyers. Most of our UK sellers also love our system, 1 agent posting their home on the Realtor's MLS ( on-line Multiple Listing System ) where hundreds of other agents get the home's details and shares it with their buyers to produce the best offer.
- Zillow and other home search engines do not post some CDD fees that certain resorts charge owners, only a small # of resorts have a CDD, we know which ones they are and the cost related to that resort.
- Many buyers get misled on the internet thinking a condo-tel is a condo, you do not own a condo-tel, we do not recommend condo-tels even though we would be paid dearly selling one.
- There are many residential Realtors who claim they are the area experts on the internet but in the short term rental arena you now know more than they do.